Monday, December 20, 2010

in response to "the voice of the heart"

This is a reply I got from Noah, in regards to my last written post. It's really very beautiful. It implies that my thoughts and feelings of a quiet, peaceful heart is in fact hogwash and the heart has no centre, no constraints and perhaps, if physically possible it would burst outside of one's ribcage and explode all over this side of the earth's face. It's a much more violent (in the best way possible) and ardent view. I have no intention of proving anyone wrong on their take on the heart or spirituality or lack their of, etc. I think that Noah must be highly tolerant and personally, if I possessed this view I may very well go insane. Forgive me Noah... and thank-you.


Blogger Noah said...


nah. don't believe it for a second. all that being in control, remembering the essence of your life, etc. is just some bullshit that middle management wants us to keep swallowing so we can love our prison cells and our wardens. way i see it, your heart is a beast that does the best it can to put up with the shocks of life. and the shocks keep coming. keeping your perspective is a good thing, but your perspective will never be reality, because we're all just monkeys with big prefrontal cortexes. sure, we can think and love and scream and bake a cake and wiggle our toes, but we have no centre, except in people's perceptions and memories, which are always fucked. that centre was cut out of all of us when we were born. it's an expanding universe, more chaotic, more complex, and there's no escape - your heart isn't a metronome, it's a blind, hurt and angry bull with a borrowed drumkit. and yeah, sometimes the bull calms down a bit and even smiles and starts grooving on an idea. but he's no more in control than a battery's in

but i don't mind if you prove me wrong, i don't mind at all.


December 16, 2010 1:48 AM

This actually reminds me a lot of this song by Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse feat. Iggy Pop off the Dark Night of the Soul album. A VERY good one. If you haven't yet claimed it, I highly, highly recommend.

No comments: